4. Do you believe in Gods ability to heal wound? To renew love in your heart? To restore your marriage relationship to all it should be? Why or Why Not?
I really do believe in God's ability to heal a wound. I find myself often praying for help to make me feel better when I am blue and to look on the bright side. Often praying works. I prayed to renew love in my heart towards my family members and to this day I have love for my family which I didn't at a point in time. I think that if I pray enough for myself and for my husband it would restore my marriage to all that it should be infact it is working right now. My husband and I hit a rough patch and now after praying it is slowly coming back.
5. Read Matthew 12:23 Is there any issue over which you and your husband are seriously divided how do you feel about it?
My husband is very easy going. I on the other hand need to have things a certain way. If they are not I become very agitated and stressed out. It causes a lot of tension within our marriage and we struggle to find common grounds.
6. Read Galatians 5:22,23. Do you have any habitually negative way of responding to your husband that need to be changed ? What are these? Ask God to give you the revelation about this. Then write down next to thm which fruit of the spirit you need in order to eliminate the negative mindset and habits of response.
The negative way that I respond to my husband is yelling. No matter how big or little the issue is I always respond with yelling. I really need the fruit of self control. I feel that if I eat this fruit of spirit then I will be abe to eliminate this negative response and my husband and I would have a better relationship.
7. Read Proverbs 21:19. Are there any issues in your marriage where you find yourself registering the same complaint or criticism over and over again? List Those. Write a prayer asking God to show you when to speak about each matter and when to just keep silent and pray.
I always complain that he doesn't clean up after himself and that he doesn't help around the house. It is a constant battle and I always all him out on it. Sometimes I need to just keep quiet because I know that he will eventually do it.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I know that I too have faults that are not easily changed. I am praying that you show me what is important and not important when having a disagreement with my husband. Show me what matters most and when to bring up the issue that I am having or when to leave it be and carry on with my life. I trust that you will show me and better my relationship with my husband.
Amen
8. Do you ever feel like you don't want to pray for your husband? Explain why. Write a prayer asking God to help you desire to pray for God's best to be poured out on your husband. (this may be a prayer you have to pray every day for a whiles, so don't worry if you haven't sensed and immediate answer.
I don't want to pray for my husband alot of the time because he is a non-believer. He is a self proclaimed athiest. I feel that it is a waste of time as it would never do any good for him.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I am praying to you to assist me in wanting to pray for husband. To give me the strength to pray and continue praying even though it feels like a waste of time. To believe that one day he will be able to see the light and have faith.
Amen
9. Tell your husband that you are going to pray for him eery day in a new and positive way, and ask him to share with you any prayer requests he has. Write down his reaction and prayer requests.
I told husband as soon as I got home that I was going to pray for him daily. His responses didn't surprise me. "oh Fuck Why?" so with that being said he doesn't have prayer requests.
No comments:
Post a Comment