Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Power of the Praying Wife.

I have started reading this book from Stormie Omartian with some ladies from my church and we started a group so that when we read this we can discuss and relate it to our relationships with our husbands. I thought that I would write out my responses to the questions on our handouts on here.

1. Read Matthew 19: 3-6. Are there places in your marriage where you and your husband are not working as a team? List those areas. Write a prayer asking God to make you and your husband more unified in these areas.

Husband and I do not work together when it comes to household tasks and finances. It is always his and mine. It bothers me because I work just as hard as he does and I can't seem to get him to understand when I am the only one doing all the stuff around the house

My Prayer:
Heavenly father, I know that i am not perfect nor will I ever be, I know that my husband is not perfect nor will he ever be. I married him because he is perfect in my eyes. Although Lord, I pray that you will give him the strength to assist more around the house to help him learn the importance of a clean house. I pray that you give him light to understand the importance of saving money and how not only will it benefit him, but everyone.
Amen

2. God has given you the authority to take a stand against any negative influence in your marriage. Is there any area in your marriage where you see that the enemy has gained a strong hold. List.

The biggest negative influence in our marriage is my mom and stepfathers separation. They separated the October 2009 before our August 2010 marriage. It cause me a great deal of pain and a lot of stress and tension when you have both parties putting us in the middle.

3. Are there places in your marriage where you feel hopeless? List. Bring them before the Lord and confess your hopefulness. Remember, confession is not to make you feel condemned; it's to help you acknowledge your error before God so He can free you from it, and so the devil can't paralyze you with it. Write a prayer asking God to give you faith you need to beleive that He is your hope and will answer your prayers.

I feel that our differences are to great to hold a stong and loving marriage and feel like its going to cause us to drift apart.

My prayer:
Heavenly Father, Please give me the strength to see the greatness in our differences. See that our differences is what makes our marriage what it is and see that we came together because there was something you Lord saw in us that would work. Please Lord get rid of this feelig of hopelessness.
Amen



 To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment